Thread: PRS-300 5 Second to turn Page!
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
Elton Noway
Elton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-300
Unhappy 5 Second to turn Page!

I've searched this forum using multiple search terms and found this topic discussed several times but no one has identified the problem or a solution (at least not one I could find).

I have a PRS-300. It has 40 books loaded on it. All are ePub. Other than the covers, there is no artwork, pictures or drawings in any of the ePubs. I loaded all the books onto the reader using Calibre.

All the settings on the Sony Reader, as well as in Calibre, are all at their default settings.

The problem is... when I start a new book the pages turn fast (no more than a second to refresh and display the next page)... BUT... once I get in about 50 or 60 pages the page turns get slower and slower. At page 60 now and it taking 5 full seconds to turn a page. Very annoying!!! Also once this problem starts, "every time" I hit the button to change the font size it says formatting and takes a good 30-40 seconds.

In desperation I deleted the book, then formatted the Readers internal memory and blew off everything. I then went under advanced settings and restored all the Readers factory defaults. I then reloaded my 40 ePub books back on the reader using Calibre. At first... everything is great. But once I page forward in the book I'm reading (i.e. The Dead Have A Thousand Dreams)... when I get to page 50 or so the page refresh (page turns) get slower and slower. It now back to taking 5 seconds per page and its making me crazy.

Please tell me there is a firmware update... or something I can do to resolve this problem . Thanks
Elton Noway is offline   Reply With Quote