View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 01:16 AM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Side by Side Comparisons of 505, 600, and K2 screens

I set up my Canon EOS 500D DSLR camera on a tripod and took these three comparison photos of the PRS-505, PRS-600, and Kindle2 screens.

I was tired of seeing comparison photos that showed various reader each in a unique position, with a unique lighting system, and/or a unique page being displayed. So I set out to make a true EVEN comparison, as follows:
  • All three photos or taken with the camera in the same location and using the same settings
  • All three photos or taken with the same exact lighting, ambient without flash
  • All three photos or taken with the respective reader in the same location
  • All three photos or taken with the respective reader displaying the exact same page from a book
  • None of the photos were retouched in any way, although I did have to resize them for this website

Note:
The 600 screen is not as clear and sharp in the photos as it is in real life. The 600 appears to have at least on extra layer, probably a polymer, that reflects the camera light differently than the 505 and K2. Having said that, the 600 is not as sharply contrasted as the 505 and K2, has more reflection, but nonetheless is a very good screen--very readable.

Kindle2 screen:

PRS-505 screen:

PRS-600 screen:

Last edited by jswinden; 08-29-2009 at 01:24 AM.