View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 03:32 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeat View Post
I wonder what would happen if/when the company that holds the right to them went bust? Would they then become public domain?
The copyright would be come part of the assets of the failed LLP that the official receiver would sell off to try to raise money for the creditors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeat View Post
Maybe they could avoid such a catastrophe by scanning the books themselves and releasing them as ebooks?
I know I'd buy a set in a heartbeat, and I bet I'm not the only person that grew up on them and would love to see them released in electronic form.
You could try contacting them and asking. You never know....
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote