Thread: Buy local
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #12
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
I see no reason at all why bookstores cannot sell ebooks. I enjoy looking around bookstores, but I would prefer to buy ebooks. There is no reason why they couldn't allow a terminal for you to swipe your credit card when you've decided on a book & download it onto either the device or your flash card/usb device. The biggest holdup in ebooks, DRM an also be covered as you'd have to type in your PID or however else you do it. Technically I don't see it being any more difficult than trying to get photos printed from High St stores with your flash/CDROM or camera from these instore print terminals.

Even better if you could take the book, swipe it's bar code & the terminal then tells you what you can do with it...

Several shops have ebook stores, WHSmith & Waterstones for example it is surely the next stage to link the 2 for easier access & browsing.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote