View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #90
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
Have you looked at the Author Self-Promotions forum? It's like the deals forum, but for authors plugging their own books.

Also, there is "The Shameless Promotion and Endless Plug-Your-Novel Thread" in the same forum.

If you want to recommend books, those go into the Reading Recommendations forum. As far as I know, there are no self-pub restrictions there. The restrictions are *here* because there is an entire forum dedicated for authors to promote their books.

Aaah, but this is not author self-promotion - this is for the specific case where a previously print-published series, read and liked by a MR member, is continued by the author (not the member) with one or more self-pubbed books.

I am traveling today and tomorrow, but over the weekend at the latest, maybe sooner if I get a chance, will look in the Recommendations forum to see if this seems as if it would fit, and will start up such a thread if it looks appropriate. I have two or three such series in mind off the top of my head. If anyone else (a moderator?) wants to comment first on the appropriateness, that would be great; otherwise I'll stick my nose out over the weekend.
sufue is online now   Reply With Quote