View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #446
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Hi Kiwi - first I LOVE THIS PLUG IN!!!! I have been off from work about two weeks and decided to really ramp up my Calibre. There are all types of new things I am finding out about how to turbo charge this app and the GoodReads plug-in is one of them. As a long time fan of yours (especially the Kindle Collections plug-in which is a GODSEND, I know I can make this one work.

I hate to ask a simple question but I am at a loss on how to do something. I have read through this thread along with the instructions on this plug-in (so you know I didn't just come to you) but can't seem to find what I know is a simple answer.

I have a custom column in Calibre called "DATE READ". What I want to do is have the date I completed the book so up on my Read shelf in GoodReads.

When I go into Customization and try to Edit Shelf Sync Actions I notate under Column Date Read but for Value it is only giving me choices of None, Today, GoodReads Date Read, etc. No where do I see the option to have it pull the date read from Calibre's DATE READ column which is what I want. Am I missing something?

I have played around with the customization on the GoodReads Sync plug-in but just can't figure out how to do this. Can you or someone with this knowledge help please? Thanks again for a terrific plug-in, will be donating $$$ toward the cause.

Last edited by chilady1; 12-28-2012 at 03:07 PM.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote