View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
ABBYY FineReader Sale

The ABBYY FineReader OCR software came up in a thread I posted about converting paper-books to e-books. I happened to noticed when I was checking out their site that there's a dale going on until July 19th -- the FineReader Express 9 is $50 (50% off) and the FineReader Professional 10 is $170 (regularly $400).

Has anyone used this program before? I'm wondering what level of accuracy the program provides for a "regular" book (i.e., text from top to bottom, with no fancy layouts). I think $170 would be a steal if we were talking a 99% conversion accuracy from image to text, but anything less than that would entail a LOT of proofing. Since e-books from publishers come with OCR mistakes, I'm assuming that probably this software doesn't boast 99% accuracy or comparable........?

Just wondering if anyone has used this.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote