Thread: UUID creation?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #46
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeonis View Post
Sun Tzu, my favourite Business Coach, said "Never understimate your ennemy"

As any average business owner the chinese one probably know that 1st sale is difficult, the 2nd is easier. If they want to repeat business they must provide quality eBooks and let social media do the rest. So, maybe you are right, and your description of the current situation is OK. In this case, sshhhht, don't awake them. Maybe I should. Killing joke at Turtle91 attention.
With all due respect--and as someone who was intimately familiar with the writings of Sun-tzu before they became (invariably wrongly-cited) pop-culture staples, what Wolfie has told you is correct. I would highly recommend that you try working with a few third-world providers first, in order to develop a far more accurate assessment as to what the quality of their work IS, before you make assumptions as to how they are all breathing down the necks of other publishers. Indians have owned the ebook market for nearly five years now--the vast bulk all all ebooks, by FAR, are and have been already made there--and the fact that their quality is still as poor as it is, is telling. I have fairly substantial first-hand experience with endeavoring to use offshore firms for overflow work, and I can say with some assurance that any idea that they'll be providing the same quality of work that even 2nd tier firms--forget top-tier for a moment--any time soon is simply delusional. This has nothing to do with "competition" with my firm--nobody who is using an Indian firm is going to be using mine, so we are not competing for the same jobs--it's simple fact. Ask anyone who's ever had to deal with any of the conversion houses in India (or Indonesia or China).

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote