View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #40
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you have a reference for that, Ralph? I am an avid reader of "New Scientist", but I don't recall reading about that. It sounds very interesting.

I don't have a copy of the 2003 paper, the nearby university changed it stacks to online in the early 2000's and they don't allow offprints (copyright violation). I chained to it researching the question from a paper out of a recent survey book on left-handed material from 2006. (I just hunted for the survey book, and can't find it. It's probably packed in the storeroom. Too many p-book and not enough space. I could look up the book on Amazon, where I purchased it. $118 dollars, I believe.) I'll look elsewhere later, if I find it, I'll post it.

Anyway, to even discuss that c is not the ultimate constant in the universe is nye kultoorni in professional physics. Not suprising not has ever been mentioned in The New Scientist. The second boundary condition can be found in most introductory books on relativity, as Maxwell's equations are the first unified field theory produced (electricity and magnetism) and underlie relativity. I connected the dots and then researched the book which led to the paper. Truly sorry I don't have all the ducks lined up for the forum.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote