View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #32
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I would like a single outpatient injection of nanobots that would repair my eyes permanently, also fix everything nice and young and thin and keep it that way. Immortality?
There was an SF short story I once read about a scientist that developed an immortality drug. One dose and you could not die. As the story progressed, a rat got into the drug and became immortal. The scientist had a "rat killing", caught the rat and beat it to a bloody pulp. Of course the rat couldn't die. He just lay there forever, in pain watching the scientist.

Another SF short story, a genie grants innumerable wishes to someone. They, of course, eventually get around to wishing for immortality, at which point the genie enslaves them and has an immortal slave.

IMO immortality would get to be too boring.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote