View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 03:24 AM   #1443
LucyDrew
LucyDrew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Unhappy idiot needs help?

Hi, idiot here who just can't figure out how to get this screen saver hack to work.
this is actually my second time trying i tried like a year ago and eventually gave up because i couldn't make the hack work.

I have a kindle paperwhite 2 (i'm 90% sure its international because i'm Canadian but it was a gift so it might be american?)
my serial code starts with 90D4 if that helps.

Anyway I have tried to follow both your instructions, reddit's instructions and a random youtubers instructions for the hack and my device's update is always greyed out. so i'm unable to put the hack into action

I've dragged the jailbreak into my kindle's root but when i unplug it: the update button stays grey.

like i said earlier i did try this before and give up so i do have some sort of python folder leftover in my kindle's root that i never bothered to delete.

finally because i don't know if it will help you to know but i usually run my kindle with the wifi always off because i use calibre exclusively so i don;t need the connection to the internet there.

Will any of this help, who knows? I just thought i'd give it one last try before i give up and suffer through the awful amazon screensavers forever.
thanks for your time.
help me. please.
LucyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote