View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanna View Post
Actually, no. Kobo doesn't have an app store. Right out of the box, you access the Google Play store to download apps. They have an organizational system called "Tapestries" to group together the content on the Arc, but the device is not locked into using just the Kobo store. Even their older and limited tablet, the Vox, is the same way. Without rooting the device, I downloaded the Kindle app and several other reading apps and am using them on the device. I can't access Nook, though, because B&N doesn't make that available to Canadians. Similarly, Kindle and B&N locks Canadians out of their app stores, but I can use Google Play.
Re. the nook app: You can't find the nook app in Google Play, as it's US only. But you easily can circumvent this. Install the app "appbrain" from Swiss Code Monkeys. Here you can search for "nook". Within Google Play, suddenly you find the nook app and can install it. Did so on Nexus 7 and lots of other Android tablets, briefly tested on Kindle Fire HD.

Last edited by mgmueller; 11-21-2012 at 02:27 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote