View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #14
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblacknail View Post
I am not seeming to get that kind of battery life. I have 1200 books on my K3 3G, and I read sometimes 8 hours per day, and in a day or so, I am down to 1/4 battery life. I keep the WiFi off all the time.
Downloading and indexing 1,200 books crushed your K3 initially. I know my DX needed to be recharged pretty quick after I downloaded 400 books on the first day. I want to say that I had to charge it 4 hours after I charged it the first time when I did that. So 1,200 books would account for a fair amount of battery drain. Once you start adding a book here, a book there you will notice better battery life.

The estimates are based on people who read an average amount, I would guess that average means 2 hours a day. The people who are getting a month long charge are reading 1-3 hours a day. Since you read 8 hours a day, you are closer to doing 4 average days reading in one sitting.

If you have finished your book dump and sort and continue to read 8 hours a day, I would expect that you would need to charge your Kindle once a week.

All numbers are based on vague memories and guesses at what is meant by the average reader.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote