View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #12
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Starson 17, thanks for pointing out the merge function. It's making the readding my 1700+ books easier. I didn't know about that.

I add the new book and merge it with the incorrect one that has the correct metadata. It's still 1700 hand-added entries, but still an improvement.

-Marcy
I'm glad it's helping. That's why I wrote it. Still, the automatic merge might make it much faster. I assume you are adding from your original copy of the book? Otherwise, you're doing what I told you to do in the step you didn't understand - adding the copy that's in the folder Calibre has forgotten about. The reason I told you to use the book in that folder, and not your original, is because Calibre will have stored it with exactly the same author/title in the filename as used in your remaining metadata record. That means you will always have a perfect match should you try to use "If book with similar author title found" to do the whole job automatically.

BTW, when you get done, you should run the Check database integrity and or move the database. Otherwise, you will have lots of junk folders mixed into Calibre's library folder. I assume you will backup before doing that.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote