View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #12
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
I wonder of this is more about "Amazon can sell stuff" than it is about "ebooks are taking off". I'd like to think it's the latter but I suspect there is no straightforward read-across from what Amazon's doing to what is happening in the rest of the ebook market.
I suspect a lot of e-book buyers are like me -- they already had existing Amazon accounts long before they started buying e-books. That makes it oh-so-easy to just click and buy without having to register somewhere else and put in credit card numbers again.

When I first started buying e-books I actually bought most of them at Fictionwise, though, and paid through Paypal. Then the crazy crash happened and they lost so much ground that I just gave up on them and have gone over to Amazon. Although I don't have a Kindle yet (it's on the way to me even as we speak!), I've been ordering from Amazon for a while now using the Kindle4PC app. I read them, however, on any or all of my readers thanks to my friend Google. :-)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote