View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #1102
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Hmmm... I just noticed something odd with the standalone version:

booting to fastboot, then:
fastboot setvar bootmode diags
fastboot reboot

does not work with the standalone one. The device stays in a "non-working" fastboot mode. With the "original" fastboot.bin, everything works as expected.

This is reproducible.

Any thoughts? (My guess is that the standalone version can't set the bootmode anymore, or can't properly reboot, maybe because the relevant parts have been "patched out" to save space).
I confirm overall behavior. setvar bootmode diags works flawlessly. reboot doesn't reboot device, just "reset" it somehow, certainly disrupting fastboot mode. I don't know why and not sure I'll investigate it further.

Hold power button for reboot after setvar. Or don't set bootmode at all and use diags.bin U-Boot image for booting diags.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote