View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The wiki: E-book Reader Matrix includes the PocketBook 360° with similar hardware to the Opus but different firmware. The 360°'s plastic screen cover is a neat idea. I don't think it will support mobile ADE (i.e. not DRMed ePub) though.

Now that folders have been added, the Opus has a better library view (including thumbnails) than the Hanlin and the device looks cleaner. We don't know about the quality of the ePub/PDF support yet, i.e. how different their mobile ADE implementations will be.

I like my EZ Reader and I will probably be getting a EZ Reader Pocket Pro (Hanlin V5) as soon as they are available. Having at least a few different firmware variants to choose from has been a plus on the V3 (most are very similar, but Lbook's is distinctive). OpenInkPot is also a nice option. This could in principle be ported to the Opus, but it should be easier to port to the V5.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote