View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Is there an authoritative source somewhere, Jack, that would confirm this? Like, Apple themselves? I've heard so many theories and rumours regarding battery life that I just don't know whom to trust anymore.

Allowing the iPad do discharge down to 15% regularly is not practicable for me. That's because the iPad 3+ takes a long time to charge again, much longer than iPad 1 or iPad 2. This would then pose the danger, for me, to have to leave home/office without the iPad fully charged, which might cause problems for me later in the day.

Ever since the iPad 1 first came out, I have adopted the practice of recharging the iPad (and iPhone) as soon as the battery level drops to 59% or below. My iPad 1 and iPhone 4, both in their third year now, are still going strong in terms of battery life, as if they were still new.
I think the only reason to allow the device to discharge down is to help calibrate the charge indicator but otherwise, as you say, there isn't much point. If it is low at the end of the day then an overnight charge should work fine. If you use a larger capacity charger on the mini it should charge faster by the way like one for the bigger iPad's.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote