View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:56 PM   #137
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexutix View Post
Happy 10th Birthday MR! I can't believe this is warmest community I have encountered on the internet.

My favourite forum is of course "Which one should I buy?". I bet there is no other place anywhere online where experienced opinions about specific ebook-readers can be saught.

How can we improve this section?

When someone opens a thread with specific requirements, it is not always possible for him to have information from members who really know possible-device-in-question. Although asker gets lot of personalized guidance about new device, he also wants to get a look at all devices available to him. I find that MR wiki is not always a place where sufficient information is available.

I suggest we add sticky with link to a custom page where there is a list of all ebook readers + tablets available on the planet. This huge database can consist of:

General tech specs in detail
Availibility by country
List of MR members who own that device (can be voluntary opt-in for members)
Detailed software capabilities
Screenshots and Photos by members
Modified firmwares available
Legal restrictions on device
Ability to compare selected devices
Ability to rate devices by device owners
List of external softwares associated with device (For example, Sony reader app for Sony reader, iTunes for iPad)

Long live MR and long live this great reader community! Have a nice day everyone!
Your request is a pretty good description of our wiki. Have you tried it?