View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #11
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
HarryT is right about larger fonts helping, I like to do proofreading on my Sony 350 because of the extra crisp higher resolution text. Makes it easy to catch the periods where commas should be and vice versa.

Also, using large fonts on that smaller 5" screen really sort of isolates the text more, making it easier to catch any other errors I might've missed doing the OCR to scan comparison on the computer.

My other trick is to never go right in to proofing a book on my reader straight after doing proofing on that same book on the computer. It's just too much of the same book at once, making it more likely my eyes will gloss over something I should catch.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote