View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #27
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I did not imply anything.
I explicitly asked about version and the behavior described.
Your question itself makes that implication, especially in the context of your recommendation to use an alternate method that requires interaction with a host PC to delete ENABLE_DIAGS.

And you STILL did not answer my question about your firmware version in either of the two posts where I requested it. What version is your diags? [Although, if your diags does indeed have the menu option in question, which you never acknowledged or denied other than your "implication by question", your diags version is really a moot point.]

More Info: Implication by question
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex...on_by_question
Quote:
One form of misleading discourse involves presupposing and implying something without stating it explicitly, by phrasing it as a question. ... The person asking the question is thus protected from accusations of making false claims, but still manages to make the implication... The fallacy isn't in the question itself, but rather in the listener's assumption that the question would not have been asked without some evidence to support the supposition. ... In order to have the desired effect, the question must imply something uncommon enough not to be asked without some evidence to the fact.
I suspect that the "behavior described" exists in ALL versions, including yours (despite your "implication by question" to the contrary).

EDIT: In the end, it really does not matter what method you use to get from diags back to main boot mode. You can choose to use the menu option provided for that purpose, or you can use a less obvious method. It is always nice to have multiple methods. The question only arose when it was asked what version of diags I have that DOES have a menu option "behavior" to disable diags.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-05-2012 at 11:21 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote