View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #16100
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Just finished Slaves of God by Brian Rappatta. Wasn't a big fan unfortunately. I thought the characterisations seems a little inconsistent while conversely, the voice of each character was a bit too similar and the internal logic wasn't really holding together. Additionally, sometimes I felt like I was intruding on someone's fetishistic musings which was a little uncomfortable. I hate doing it to an indie author, but I wouldn't recommend this one.

Next indie book is The Last Bad Job by Colin Dodds:
Quote:
The Last Bad Job is the story of a reporter with a hell of an assignment: Five months on a New Mexico desert compound to cover what may be the next Jonestown. For the reporter, it could be a career-maker. But when a cult member close to him drowns herself, he decides to run for it, and sets unimaginable events into motion. What ensues is a dark and comic journey through sex, drugs, cults, suicide, the apocalypse, and what comes after it.
Bit of a strange one, so I'll see how I go.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote