View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclaus View Post
Is it possible to copy my books from my kobo to calibre?

I have had a Kobo touch reader for a couple of years and have lots of books loaded on it using Calibre (the books are from many different sources). My laptop was stolen so I loaded Calibre on my new laptop along with an old backup of my Calibre library. Unfortunately there are about 50 books on my Kobo that are not in my calibre library.

When I try to "Add books to library", I get an error saying that the books are virtual and cannot be added to the calibre library.

When I try to save to disk, I can't figure out what the format of the resulting file is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
J
If the books on the Kobo are DRM protected and in .kepub format, I don't think you will be able to add them to Calibre. However you should be able to download the books you purchased from your Kobo online account onto your laptop in epub format. , and then transfer them to your Kobo with Adobe reader.

As far as I am aware you can only add to the Calibre library non DRM books (unless you are initiated to Alf's practices, of which as you'll understand I will say no more).

Last edited by paola; 02-08-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: crossed out some irrelevant information
paola is offline   Reply With Quote