View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #7
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I got a barcode scanner from ThinkGeek. That will handle the thousands of books that are new enough to have the ISBN as a barcode. As for the older (and pre-ISBN) books ... a lot of typing.

One of the reasons I got the scanner is because in addition to books, I have DVDs, comics, etc., that all need to be cataloged. Plus, for anything else I want to organize (spare computer hardware, non-printed stuff I collect, etc.), I can print out little barcode labels and set up a database to catalog them, too.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote