View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #9
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I've been wanting to read some action adventure lately. there was a one season show on TV many years ago called something like "The Brass Monkey." It had Bruce Boxleitner as a pilot of a seaplane who spent a lot of time being shot at by Japanese soldiers and spies. I've been looking for somethin like that. Sort of a popcorn of the mind sort of read. Anything come to mind?
How about The Prisoner of Zenda (and its sequel Rupert of Hentzau) by Anthony Hope? You can find it here under the name "Ruritania Duology". Its a fast-paced, swashbuckling adventure. Think of it as The Three Musketeers-lite

If that's too early in time for you, there are some Robert E. Howard stories here at Mobileread too; I think the Costigan anthology might suit you.

If you were thinking more along the lines of serial pulp adventures, there are a number of stories featuring The Crimson Avenger, The Shadow, The Spider (there is a Baen CD for The Spider too), though sadly I don't think there is any Doc Savage available. Look for books uploaded by DrDrib and you will find a nice selection here.

Edit:

Oh yeah, you can also try King of the Khyber Rifles by Talbot Mundy about a secret agent for the British in India just after the turn of the century.

Last edited by radius; 10-29-2008 at 04:33 PM.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote