View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #99
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I don't think most authors are that subtle. Most authors just make up a topic to get a post out there--but often they are most interested in making sure their name/books are seen. Research? If an author doesn't know by now why people are buying ebooks, she's pretty behind the times. There are many topics already posted on the subject and a little scrolling would find plenty of conversations about ebooks versus paperbacks. I can't even guess why anyone does a post like this and then isn't polite enough to come back and comment or acknowledge the replies. Not that it's required, but why post and then dash away?

If you look at the OP's previous posts it seems like he is one of the few folks in this forum who honestly does not see why people prefer ebooks over pbooks. That combined with the content of his other threads seems to add credence to the idea that the OP is gathering information rather than sincerely engaging the folks on this forum in dialogue.

That does not mean that my initial hunch that he may be an author engaging in market research is correct, but look at the facts. Why would someone become a member of a forum dedicated to ebooks and ebook readers and then state, unflinchingly, that they do not now nor will they ever own an ebook reader or ebook? Furthermore, why would anyone post threads almost exclusively about book promotion, what people like to read, and why people buy ebooks unless they plan on using that information?

My hunch seems like a logical conclusion to me, but then again who ever said reality had to make sense?

Last edited by jabberwock_11; 10-11-2012 at 01:26 AM.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote