View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #24
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post

I guess the second part was more a general comment that it's not just self created word/html files that have problems with centred indents, and that CSS inheritance isn't always the cause either.

I have to say that centre text with indents is one of my pet peeves, and have long wished there was a way to correct this automatically, either during conversion, or after the fact.
That's the thing. It's a more general issue than just my books, or books people create from Word files. I understand what you're saying, Kovid, but I'm not sure how this is a different order of tweaking from the existing option to add or remove blank lines between paragraphs, or to add paragraph indentation. Both of those operations change the coding.

Is it the sort of thing that could be a plug-in that people who care could install. and others not?

I should add this: I've realized it's not just centering that's an issue in Nook and Aldiko display. Both of them want to indent every first line, so if you want a paragraph that begins flush-left, it's not enough not to have an indentation specification; you have to positively specify 0 indent.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote