View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #21
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I recently scanned a library copy of "The Uninvited" by Dorothy Macardle, which the 1944 movie with Ray Milland, Ruth Hussey and Gail Russel is based on. The basic plot is the same between the movie and book, but the book has many more characters than the movie, so it's definitely worth the read even if you've seen the movie. I thought it would be out of copyright, but now that it's 70 years, I'm pretty sure it's not. Otherwise I'd upload it here.

But the "Ghost and Mrs. Muir" is another favorite old movie, and I might be tempted to scan it at some point and wait for copyrights to run out. I think it's unlikely that any of these older books along these lines will ever be made into ebooks unless fans do it themselves.

Edit: Unlikely unless I find a paperback or cheap hardcover of it, my library doesn't even have the book.
You might be able to find a copy (at least to read) via interlibrary loan. Won't be out of copyright even in life+50 countries til 2029.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote