View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 02:09 AM   #66
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
Publishers wouldn't produce a hardback or paperback edition with this lack of quality, so why can't they take the same care with ebooks?
Actually, in at least some cases, they do produce paperbacks with the same lack of quality. I emailed Voyager to complain about errors I'd found in the Temeraire series of books, and they sent me a full set of paperbacks. I had a look in the Victory of Eagles paperback, and found the same errors as in the ebook. See the attached photos for three examples.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	canon should be cannon.png
Views:	185
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	100879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Full stop should be a comma.png
Views:	162
Size:	411.4 KB
ID:	100880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Grand Chevalier.png
Views:	146