View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #123
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjenkins View Post
Thanks for clarifying that. I should stop researching this issue because I keep coming across information that stops me buying something.

Just read that there will be a 10" iPod by xmas and they are obviously targeting the eReader market. Being in colour would be great - not sure what the reading experience would be like. Having internet browsing access will be great.

I did have my eye on the new colour Flepia but not sure it's speed is good enough yet.

regards
Helen
Using both Kindles, I've got Amazon's iPhone application as well.
When traveling, sometimes I use iPod touch or iPhone for a quick read.
From 2000 to 2004, I've been reading on PDAs.
All of that was/is okay for me.
But in direct comparison, eInk does have its advantages:
- Battery lasts at least 10 hours. My iPhone drains the battery faster than I can watch.
- In bright sunlight, I have to find the right angle on iPhone, eInk doesn't mind about lighting conditions or viewing angle.
- I'm not too fond of iPhone. Calling itself "business phone" and didn't even have "copy and paste" for 1.5 years....
I'll carefully check the specifications of any Apple device.
But of course: Color is extremely interesting and Apple always is worth comparing...And they certainly would give a boost to the publishing market, probably directly competing with Amazon...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote