View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have no problems with pseudonyms, especially if they help an author experiment beyond the confines of expectations from previous works. Whether this is transparent or not...no, it still doesn't bother me, unless I am a significant fan of a writer and would like to know, simply from a desire for completeness on my "read everything by..." list. I like how Iain Banks very slightly alters his name on his books, dependant on content, as it helps with expectations (and I like his work both without and without the "M.").

For me, I'd possibly use a pseudonym if only to avoid the possibility of being confused for either a well-known bookie/sports handicapper, or someone responsible for a few appalling movies, in the latter case, likely to the of annoyance of both his fans and detractors.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote