View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #7
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
If bookstores are closing, it's not because of libraries. Libraries and bookstores have coexisted happily for ages. He thinks that compulsory education removes the need for libraries. Libraries and schools have never been an either-or proposition, but are complement each other. If taxpayers don't want to fund libraries, they can vote to shut them down. He says "I'm not attacking libraries, I'm attacking the concept behind libraries, which is no longer relevant." How can he do that without attacking libraries?

The books aren't "free", the library paid for them. The books wear out, and the library buys some more. If I have a print copy of a book, I can loan it out until it falls apart. A library can do the same. He's not likely to sway many people to his position.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote