View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #10
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
I'll be honest, I'd rather have multiple smaller cards than have to mess with the nasty piece of vendor lock-in that is exFAT. Never mind that it also requires a lot more resources to work with, and that the only real supporters right now are Apple and MS. Android also has full ext4 support and probably a complete-ish BTRFS implementation as well, so you might want to look into those formats instead.

OK, Multiple smaller cards is an inconvenience I was aiming to alleviate and I stated in the parent thread that you needed to use a real FAT32 partition, NOT exFAT. FAT32 sucks, but everything supports it.

*deleted bit about FS's*

I forgot that Android does indeed handle ext* .. I'll give formatting the card to that a shot and see how it does.

Last edited by helf; 09-26-2012 at 01:40 AM.
helf is offline   Reply With Quote