View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #11
Chikwako
Reader EZ
Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: √NC, √NST, Sero Pro
OK, many thanks to all of you for your kind replies. I will take some of your answers for comments.

Quote:
SaraD
Please add what country you live in. This is an important bit of information needed to best answer your question.
I travel from Venezuela to the U.S. often, so I wouldn't have problems getting it in the States. But having read some of the posts in the EZReader treads, I'm not totally sure that I want to pursue this device any longer.

Quote:
GA Russell
...that you consider the Ectaco jetBook and the Aluratek Libre, both of which use the same Dr. Yi hardware with different firmwares.
Thanks for your input! I will take a look at your suggestions as well.

Quote:
WallCraft
...but if I was buying today it would have to be a Pearl screen...
Any non-Kindle, non-Nook, non-Sony multi-format readers that you would recommend with Pearl screen?

Quote:
Dr. Drib
The Astak was great in its time and it's still fun to kind of play around with; but the fact is, I don't use it.
Thanks for your input as well. I have a close friend who was in Lima during Christmas. Too bad it didn't occur to me to contact you about your EZReader

Quote:
Dr. Drib
the Kindle cannot read multiple file formats. One must use calibre first. Calibre translates the file formats into what a Kindle can read, but - to reiterate - a Kindle cannot read a variety of file formats, which is what the OP was asking about.
Right on the nail Dr. Drib. I've tried Calibre, and I think is a great software, however I don't have the time or the patience to translate the books to a specific format. That is precisely the reason why I want a multi-format device, so I can just load and READ!

Thank you, I will take your comments into consideration, the thing is the TIME we have to spend researching. And also hoping to get a good price while you're looking. I have so many books I can't wait to start reading them.

BTW, does the Ipad read all the format we're talking about here? Just asking.
Chikwako is offline   Reply With Quote