Thread: Kobo Patcher
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #271
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Some strange: I have a second aura HD.
At start it was 2.8.1 and I used the cobosetup program, then it updated to the 2.8.1.B firmware.
I downgraded to the normal 2.8.1 used the package that was posted here.
I patched the libnickel, placed it in the kobo directory, all went fine.
Did a sync, my books are syncked, my reading stats are not ( hope I can find a way ) but then I did a request to look for an upgrade and... no upgrade found !
So at the start it upgraded the nbormal version of 2.8.1 to 2.8.1.B dated september 2013, but when I downgraded, it stated that the 2.8.1. where I downgraded to, is the most recent version.
So somewhere it get the instruction to upgrade to 2.8.1.B but after the downgrade, it says, this is the most recent version.
So kobo for some reason now instruct the reader to go to the newest version that can't be patched with all the versions,but after that it seems to be okay with the older version,looks to me that kobo doesn't want to be patched, loads the upgrade that prevent all the patches, but later on says it is ok!

So the downgrade works like a charm without factory reset,but kobo also recognise it as the most recent version.
Now I have to figure out how to sync both reading life things... but I still find it rather strange that kobo sends me to an upgrade that isn't a really upgrade at all...
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote