View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #21
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I do not think the 500 is difficult to use at all. I think it's very easy to use. The only think you'll take bad with is the slower screen.

Easy for you to say. Clearly you are in the vast majority of the human population with skinny, highly-flexible thumbs. Me, I am one of those few unwashed with hammers for thumbs. Which means the paging controls are all wrong and wrong-sized.

On top of that, this means I'll have to re-format EVERY SINGLE EBOOK to a decent font size because, unlike the Cybook, the 500 only supports small, medium and large - for one font. (Unless of course, one wants to reformat and redownload the ebook each time one wants to see what a new font/size will look like on the flat and lifeless PRS500 screen. Oh BOTHER!!!)

Now I suppose I could always just go out and rob a convenience store for the money to buy a new PRS505... (Life sucks when one is on a US government *FIXED* income.) You know, that might not be a bad idea. I'll get custom living arrangements, government medical care and a very fixed diet - courtesy of the California Department of Corrections - no doubt I'll lose every one of my 300 excess pounds!

There *IS* a ray of hope and brightness after all to this day!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote