Thread: Dump IE
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 11:33 AM   #5
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
Yeah, I got wind of THAT report yesterday myself during the day. First thing I did when I got home was to install Mozilla Firefox.

EGADS! The bloody thing is STILL in beta, and already cruisin' faster and just as stable as IE6. The ONLY bad issue is that the download window doens't always go away (despite the preference being set to "always close window when download finishes).

That being said. Here is the GOOD: Wonderful migration script! The URLS, Cookies, Favorites, EVERYTHING! Just copied over wonderfully. The organization of those URLS left a little wanting, but it took me all of 5 seconds to get to the tool to fix that. Overall, if you have EVER used Netscape, you'll be very familiar with the UI here. But the upgrades under the hood that they have thrown in... I'm just wondering what took them so long! Firefox is everything they were saying it was going to be! I'm proud of it and impressed with it.

www.mozilla.org

Hopefully with this crap going on with Microsoft, they will make a lot of noise about switching. I think it's poetic justice for MS to lose market share because they can't and in many cases just won't fix their software vulnerabilities.
derekweb is offline   Reply With Quote