View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 04:24 AM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Thanks, Andy. I have to wait two weeks anyway before I have the money to order anything, and I'm as interested in Amazon's announcement as everyone else around here. However, I'd pretty much ruled out the Kindle as my first E-ink device due to the conversion conundrum. I don't know what a "stupid recode" is, nor do I have any clue how to reformat once it's converted. I've tried reading the threads here about Mobipocket and Book Creator and to be honest, I'm getting more confused than enlightened. That may have something to do with the cold I'm fighting, however, as I'm usually pretty quick with that kind of thing.

Shel
stupid recode=press one button. its in a different format
or
using a program to convert from one format to another. basically opening the file, and saving it in another format.

the Kindle Supports tons of formats including TXT. there is no conversion conundrum. for the kindle you can just Email the book to your kindle and if it needs to be converted it will happen automatically (it costs a Nickel, or you can email it to yourself and do it for free then you USB it on)

Look at the Guide in my Sig to get a feel for formatting books. its not perfect for PRC books(mobi), but its good enough I think.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote