View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
emoorman
Obsessive Reader
emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nokia 1520
Question How to go from buying to reading on a Kobo?

I've read numerous ebooks on PDAs, phones and other ereaders, but not on a Kobo. The new mini looks appealing to me due to its pocketable size.

What I would like to know is how much work does it take to go from buying an ebook to actually reading it? My wife has a Kindle Fire and she just hooks up to our home wifi, buys the book, click, and it's there to read in a few seconds. What does it take on a Kobo?

I have heard that on some readers you have to install another program on your computer, Adobe, I think, and go through it. You may have to install and use Calibre, also. On my older Windows phone a few years back, to read books from eReader.com, I needed to enter my name exactly as it was on my credit card and my credit card number to get the book. It's really a small thing to have to do this, but I'd just as soon avoid it.
emoorman is offline   Reply With Quote