View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 03:26 AM   #1
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
The (quit) smoking thread

I thought I make another thread regarding smoking or quitting..

I have not had much success, even with the hypnosis recording, although I did give up for 36 hours.. The cigarettes I had left were burning a hole in my bag... If I hadn't had them available I probably wouldn't have started again...

The thing that got me, though, was the smell of my house, so I made a few changes, and I'm now smoking less than 20 cigarettes per day (19.. )

I had an awful habit of smoking at night... 3 cigs while I was reading, before going to sleep... Waking up at least 3 times a night just to have a smoke, and nearly falling asleep in the process... At least 2 smokes, before I got out of bed... It was a dangerous habit, and I had smoke detectors installed just for that reason...

Smoking in the bedroom is now out, and I haven't smoked in there since listening to that recording.

No smoking in the car - same thing - not since the recording..

If I need a smoke, while watching TV, I go outside or into my office, the only 2 places I'm now allowed (by myself) to smoke...

Obviously Mr Kirsten's suggestions was very much worth listening to, as I don't think I could have made or even followed these rules all by myself.

When my daughter was visiting today, she had 3 smokes to my 1... it's normally the other way around.

I'm not too disappointed, I couldn't give it away completely.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote