View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #340
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
I don't mind the new interface, perhaps because I rarely use Overdrive as a book discovery tool. However, the complainers certainly are on to something. There are more clicks than before.

Would it be tin-hat idiocy to hypothesize a need to make sure borrowing from Overdrive was more difficult than purchasing from an on-line vendor? Could some of the publishers (or Amazon) have complained about the old interface being too quick?

My Overdrive frustration is finding that no library, I have membership in, owns the book I want. Sometimes it's that Overdrive doesn't carry it, but, more often, it's because none of my libraries have bought it. I'm aware of this because of just about always starting at search.overdrive.com, where you first see if Overdrive carries the title, and then narrow down the search by country and state/province.

Is there any reason why the history of the bagel is in Seattle, not Brooklyn

So, I vote for dozens of clicks -- and, in return, eBook interlibrary loan
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote