View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 11:05 PM   #24
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Hadrien have you taken a look to see what the problem is in the two tables I've previously pointed out? The version of Maelstrom on Feedbooks has this problem. I have checked the ePub, the PRC, and the PDF to be sure. Also, in some sections, the book uses a different font to mean different things like in "stockpile" section when the computer is talking to the person. The computer's voice should be sans serif. But given a device like the EB1150 that cannot handle different fits, it's come out where the computer text is normal and the person's text is bold and that works. Can ePub have different fonts? My guess is the messaged HTML has been changed just enough to cause these problems.
ePub can embed fonts so these kind of things are possible, yes.
On Feedbooks, we use something similar to bbcode right now to represent the formating of the books. Because most e-books have very poor support for tables, I haven't added a table element yet.
I'm gonna work on this in March I guess, we'll use something very similar to the DTBook vocabulary overall. Once this is done, I'll work on a "sexy" way to edit books, probably using Ajax or Flash (Flex ? AIR ?).
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote