View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 03:37 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
Since I upgraded beyond 0.7.19 it's slow whenever connecting to my K2US. It mostly hangs for about 5 minutes [seems to hang]. It never took this long before and I only have about 20 books.
It shouldn't take that long to recognize a device containing 20 books even in the worst of cases.

Is it possible you could run calibre in debug mode when you connect the device? That would tell us what calibre is doing for that time, and might give enough information to fix whatever is broken.

To run calibre in debug mode, do the following:

1) be sure that the kindle is not connected.
2) open a command line box however your OS does that, then type
Code:
calibre-debug -g > caldebug.txt
3) once the GUI has opened, plug in the kindle
4) wait until it is recognized and calibre is stable. Don't do anything else
5) quit calibre
6) post the file caldebug.txt here

Feel free to look inside the file. There shouldn't be anything personal or private inside, but you might feel differently.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote