View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 02:43 AM   #16
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Most of my books are converted from LIT and PDB and the CSS snippet below added into Calibre works beautifully, apart from one book that contained dodgy PML. For me though, one of the most important aspects is overriding the default font to something a bit darker (Georgia or DroidSerif are good choices). In books purchased in ePub format the styles are more diverse and it is hard to work out what to add to the Calibre code - but there is a neat Java applet now that lets me fiddle with the CSS directly for those. Hooray.

For conversions from PDB/LIT I use the following (recklessly plundered from various MR threads)

@font-face {
font-family: "DroidSerif";
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/DroidSerif-Regular.ttf);
}

@font-face {
font-family: "DroidSerif";
font-weight: bold;
font-style: normal;
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/DroidSerif-Bold.ttf);
}