View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #18
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
The problem might be, that once our non-technical J. Does run into problems with DRM-ed files, at least some of them will blame it on "these stupid e-books" and go back to p-books, at least for a while.

And the rest will discover DRM stripping, and "piracy."

Not unlike the publishers refusals to publish certain popular titles, which often lead to:

--"damn, I got me a new Kindle, but I can't find any Harry Potter to buy...."
--"oh, no problem. My nephew showed me this new site where you could get it...."

I think the publishing industry would love to kill this whole e-book thing, except that they can't.... But, I suppose the e-book thing might kill some of the more obtuse publishers.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote