View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
ADE displays no differently with the two font versions. So there's no need for renaming them. Also, if I was to have a need to update for any reason, this ZIP file would be obsolete and there would be no way I could change it. As it is now, eventually, I'll have all the Mediafire links I posted fixed to the current one.
This is a Kobo forum and I was addressing an issue with the way a Kobo device handles fonts. I really don't care what ADE on my Windows or Mac machine displays especially given the sheer joy of changing fonts within ADE but on the Kobo, I need the font files correctly named. Hence, the posting of that .zip file with the changed font file names to save others the fun of opening the font file to find the correct name and then renaming the font file with the name and style. For instance, your modification of the Charis SIL no longer uses Charis SIL2 as the font name but rather Charis SIL Modified which needed to be reflected in the font file name. I could use the shorted style (b, i, r, z) but prefer the full style. The names I used for your modified Charis SIL files are:

Charis SIL Modified-Regular.ttf
Charis SIL Modified-Bold.ttf
Charis SIL Modified-BoldItalic.ttf
Charis SIL Modified-Italic.ttf

Charis SIL SmCp Modified-Regular.ttf
Charis SIL SmCp Modified-Bold.ttf
Charis SIL SmCp Modified-BoldItalic.ttf
Charis SIL SmCp Modified-Italic.ttf

Charis SIL Compact-Regular.ttf
Charis SIL Compact-Bold.ttf
Charis SIL Compact-BoldItalic.ttf
Charis SIL Compact-Italic.ttf

Charis SIL SmCp Compact-Regular.ttf
Charis SIL SmCp Compact-Bold.ttf
Charis SIL SmCp Compact-BoldItalic.ttf
Charis SIL SmCp Compact-Italic.ttf

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 08-13-2013 at 05:23 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote