View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #126
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I feel that rich companies, like rich individuals, essentially get to choose how much tax they feel like paying, and I hope some of them are shamed into abandoning their avoidance schemes, but really I want a change to the law to level the playing field. It isn't fair to smaller businesses that can't afford to operate a tax haven HQ, or whatever the latest wheeze is. It's anti-competitive.
Exactly. And at least here in Germany, our government only knew one way of compensating the decreasing sum of taxes paid by the big companies - by increasing the sales taxes ("Mehrwertsteuer") for everyone.