View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #85
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
I have a Nexus 7 too, and like it so far. However, as a pure reading device, I honestly do not see reason for front camera, GPS or bluetooth.

If the device is for reading books, why all that? To me, weight, nice CPU and RAM to handle PDF or the reading app itself, are more important. Unless it will be the all around device that wil be also used for browsing and Internet.

But after so many years and several tablets, I keep going back to the iPad (for non eink, I still prefer eink as main technology for ebooks). I even bought the iPad3 recently. While not as portable as Nexus 7, Kindle Fire or new Nook HD, it has plenty of power and resolution to read from Kindle for iOs and PDFs via GoodReader.

And with Kindle PW coming, I will ... again ... have a super reading combo at home! Which makes me re-evaluate what reading gap the Nexus 7 will be fulfilling, if one.
Sounds like you could of saved yourself some money if you just wanted a ebook reader then.
Why not have more for a change when so many company's are trying to sell you far less in there products for more money or the same amount.

I would say your in the minority when i comes to just using your nexus as a ebook reader when it's more than capable of doing so many different things.But thats what good about a fully speced tablet because you can choose what you use it for.

I use my nexus 7 for things like -
navigating while traveling ,tracking the distances,time taken,calories burnt when i go out for my evening walks each night ,ebook reading ,playing games,streaming movies and tv episodes from websites like NETFLIX,CATCHUP TV,BBC IPLAYER & others.
Talking to friends face to face thousands of miles away via skype.Finding new places to eat or go for a drink using google maps search.

Web browsing when im away from my PC ,streaming movies from my pc to the Nexus,keeping in touch will my friends across the world via yahoo hotmail,AOL ,facebook as well as keeping on top of my business emails.
Picking up single women on -plenty of fish ,baboo and date in Asia

All these extras you dont use are used by others on a day to day basis ,including me

The whole point of a true tablet is that its a multi-function device and the more gadgets there are inside it the more roles it can perform which the nexus 7 can do and some lesser tablets cant like the - kindle fire HD ,barns buster HD.

Last edited by darksaber35; 09-29-2012 at 06:18 PM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote