View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #80
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murz_07 View Post
Thats what I'm waiting for like 4 days
And geekmaster keep saying that its possible and will be possible always.
So I keep believing

BTW: what should happen when Kindle boots in fastboot mode?
Because I can't see anything happen: nothing change on the screen, no new USB device connects..
Fastboot mode does not install a USB device driver. Instead, fastboot programs use direct access to the raw USB port, using usblib or equivalent. Fastboot says "<waiting for device>" while scanning the USB ports looking for a device with VID/PID 0x15a2/0x0052, then when it sees one it does the command passed in on the command line.

Up until now, I have been concentrating on tools that do not need fastboot mode. But now that fastboot is the only tool to repair my kindle touch, which was bricked while testing these other methods, I will now concentrate on getting a fastboot solution put together, including simple patches to create preconfigured partition images from original partition backups.

As reported above, there may be a problem with the flashing images to a Kindle Touch. Let's hope that is a problem with that particular fastboot tool and not with the touch. I successfully flashed partitions on a K4NT using a fastboot that I compiled, but I modified the source code to clean all the warning messages before I used it.

I need it to repair my Touch, so this potential problem will be analyzed (and hopefully corrected) soon.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-25-2012 at 04:23 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote