Thread: I demo'd a K4
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Although some stores are doing a little better with their displays, most have really poor displays. And some don't even put out display models at all! It is almost as if they are trying hard not to make any sells. And it usually doesn't do any good to ask questions of the sales staff as they tend to be clueless. If you have the cash to buy a couple different models and take them home to use for a while, that might be the best way to gauge which best fits your needs. Then return the one that you like the least.

I agree that the trend of making the bezels very narrow around the screens makes many of the newer E Ink devices difficult to hold if you have large hands. I do like the placement of the buttons on the K4 NT better than on the Sony T1 though, at least for portrait reading. Although for landscape use, the Sony T1 buttons are well placed. But both are really narrow at the bezel. I haven't tried the Nook Touch, but I read that the buttons were hard to use. All the newer readers are way too thin for me as well, although I really like the reduced weight due to being so thin.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-30-2011 at 03:33 PM.